Solution To Perform Foundational Infrastructure Tasks in Google Cloud : Challenge Lab
Disclaimer: Please this blog was meant for those who have gotten stuck whilst taking the third challenge lab on the Qwiklabs Platform. You can also read this before you take the lab too, no problem, but please do keep in mind you’ve to understand all the concepts as you go through the lab.
Let’s set the ball rolling
- Create a bucket.
- Create a Pub/Sub topic with given name.
- Create the Cloud Function.
- Remove the previous cloud engineer.
1: Create a bucket
- Navigation menu > Cloud Storage > Browser > Create Bucket
- Name your bucket > Enter GCP Project ID > Continue
- Choose where to store your data > Region: us-east1 > Continue
- Use default for the remaining
2: Create a Pub/Sub topic
- Navigation menu > Pub/Sub > Topics
- Create Topic > Name: topic id > Create Topic
3: Create the thumbnail Cloud Function
- Navigation menu > Cloud Functions > Create Function
- Use the following config:
- Name: CFtopic id Region: us-east1 Trigger: Cloud Storage Event type: Finalize/Create Bucket: BROWSE > Select the qwiklabs bucket
- Remaining default > Next
- Runtime: Node.js 10 Entry point: thumbnail
- Add the code appropiately
- Download the image from URL
- Navigation menu > Cloud Storage > Browser > Select your bucket > Upload files
- Refresh bucket
4: Remove the previous cloud engineer
- Navigation menu > IAM & Admin > IAM
- Search for the “Username 2” > Edit > Delete Role